At least that's what a couple of our readers have suggested. Here are two lovely-sounding Best of the Bone soup recipes that Best of the Bone users have suggested to us. Sounds delicious and by using Best of the Bone they've added a large amount of collagen protein and key amino acids like glycine and proline that improve skin health, will improve your gut health, and improve joint health. All in a tasty meal.
1) Creamy Potato, Bacon and Leak Soup
Will Serve 4-6
- big tablespoon (30g) grassfed butter
- 3 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 400g pack trimmed leek , sliced and well washed
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- one clove garlic
- 4.5 tablespoons of Best of the Bone mixed with 1 liter of hot water.
- 142ml pot single cream
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, to serve
The How To:
Melt the butter in a large pan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden. Crush the garlic and add. Tip in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, then cover and turn down the heat. Cook gently for 5 mins, shaking the pan every now and then to make sure that the mixture doesn’t catch.
Pour in the Best of the Bone stock (the mix with water), season well and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 mins until the vegetables are soft. Leave to cool for a few mins, then blend in a food processor in batches until smooth. Return to the pan, pour in the cream and stir well. Taste and season if necessary. Serve scattered with tasty crisp bacon.
Creamy Steak and Mushroom Noodle Soup
Will serve 4-6
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- .5kg or 1 1/4 pound rump/round steak
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups sliced crimini mushrooms (about 6 large mushrooms)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 4 tablespoons Best of the Bone with four cups hot water (to create a Best of the Bone stock)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons of sherry or red wine
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 medium russet potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon (remove leaves from stems then chop)
- fresh cracked pepper to taste (remember, Best of the Bone has evaporated sea salt in it so you may want to taste the finish product before adding any additional salt).
The How To:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Cut the steak in half. Cook 1 half in the pot until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the pot. Cook remaining half of steak until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to same plate and set aside to rest.
- In the same pot, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the onion and the garlic and sherry/wine. Add noodles. Cook 5 minutes or until browned. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the mushroom mixture. Cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the Best of the Bone broth sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add potatoes.
- Cut steak into bite size pieces. Return steak and any juices from the plate to the pot. Simmer soup for 30 minutes. Potatoes should be soft.
- Slowly stir 3 tablespoons of soup broth into the half and half to temper it. Slowly stir tempered half and half into the soup. Cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Stir in fresh tarragon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
Share this post