This is a rich, healing broth that features plenty of fresh ingredients (see below).
Of course it all starts with some bone broth - in this case turmeric, ginger, black pepper Best of the Bone. The whole of the organic turmeric root is used - which provides more benefits than just the famed turmeric ingredient curcumin. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and is loaded with immune-boosting benefits. Its also:
- a strong pain killer that is used to treat pain due to dental procedures, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and osteoarthritis. Research shows that curcumin can be even more effective than the prescription drug Voltaren and other NSAIDs in reducing arthritis pain.
- Its a natural product for healing/prevention of diabetes and its complications. Curcumin fights diabetes by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress, lowering blood glucose, and helping to prevent the formation of molecules called advanced glycation end products (AGEs) that do serious damage to the body.
- It’s beneficial for weight loss because its thermogenic, which means that it encourages your body to “heat up” and burn more energy—and that translates into a slimmer belly.
- Its a cholesterol beater - raising levels of good cholesterol while lowering total cholesterol.
And the whole of the turmeric and its benefits are absorbed at much greater levels thanks to the healthy fats of the bone broth - Best of the Bone is loaded with essential fatty acids/healthy fats courtesy in part to being certified grass-fed.
To enjoy the full benefits of the Best of the Bone organic turmeric-ginger and black pepper this golden coconut soup is a rich, filling and exotic dish.
- fresh lime: squeeze a half a juice lime.
- desiccated coconut/diced coconut: 30 grams (1/4 cup).
- coconut yoghurt: 1/4 cup (use greek yoghurt if no coconut yoghurt is available)
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Best of the Bone organic turmeric-ginger-black pepper
- chopped/diced 1/4 cup onion
- chopped 1/4 cup fresh tomato (note: if you have problems with nightshades by all means substitute some asparagus or broccoli)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
Put into a pan and warm the olive oil, onions, and tomato. Add water. Add coconut and stir for 30-60 seconds. Add Best of the Bone and stir. Turn off heat - stir in yoghurt and finish with a nice big squeeze of lime. Add some cracked pepper. Serves two.
Share this post
- 1 comment
- Tags: Best of the Bone turmeric, Best of the Bone turmeric-ginger-black pepper, bone broth, curcumin, diabetes, ginger, Golden coconut bone broth soup, healing fats, healing soup, healthy fats, Keto bone broth, ketogenic diet, osteoarthritis food