These chicken tacos could be made with fish or beef but this recipe is chicken. Its gluten free, very low in carbohydrates and taste as delicious as they look : ). They can be whipped-up in no time at all and have the added gut-healing, nutrient dense benefits with the addition of Best of the Bone bone broth. What more could you want in a meal. You could use almost any of the Best of the Bone flavours but Elyse has used Best of the Bone Tandoori Spices for some extra lively flavours.
Recipe by Elyse Lagos @realfoodnutritionist
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 600g chicken thighs, diced
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 tablespoons Best of the Bone Tandoor Spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- ½ red onion, diced finely
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl combine, ½ the yoghurt, garlic, ginger, salt, Best of the Bone Tandoori Spice (or you could also try the Best of the Bone organic turmeric-ginger-black pepper) and ½ the juice of a lime.
- Add chicken pieces to the marinade and ensure all pieces are coated evenly, place in the fridge to marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- In a large frypan or BBQ, add 1 tablespoon of oil and bring to a medium-high heat. Use a strainer to remove excess marinade from chicken pieces before adding to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Whilst chicken is cooking prepare salad and yoghurt dressing.
- Salad: in a small dish roughly mash avocado and add onion, tomato and season with salt. Set aside.
- Yoghurt dressing: combine remaining yoghurt with coriander, remaining oil, ½ the juice of a lime, season and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Serve chicken in a lettuce leave. Top with salad and yoghurt dressing and enjoy!
All of the Best of the Bone bone broths are grass-fed and grass-finished to ensure the maximum nutritional value, ensure the healthiest animals and thus the healthiest you.
Share this post