Stunning and Stunningly Easy 'Best of the Bone' Mushroom Soup Recipe
Posted by Corey Chandler on
A creamy mushroom soup is tasty comfort food for the chill of the night. Easy to make and now with four tablespoons of Best of the Bone you'll get increased creaminess and flavour and more importantly the soup now becomes a perfect superfood. A paleo superfood if you will that has 20 amino acids and becomes high in collagen protein - all benefits that you would not get without the Best of the Bone and that increases your body's ability to absorb your meal's micronutrients.
This recipe is enough for four and we've improvised from an Anthony Bourdain mushroom soup and the result has been delicious.
- 6 tbsp/75 g butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces/340 g button mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons of "Best of the Bone" gelatin broth concentrate.
- 3 cups/675 ml hot water
- 4 cloves of garlic
- two pinches of celtic sea salt or equivalent
- Ground black pepper
- 2 ounces/56 ml sherry or try a white wine instead.
- dollop of cream or greek yoghurt.
- Medium saucepan
- In the medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons/28 g of the butter over medium heat and add the onion. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, then add the mushrooms and the remaining butter. Let the mixture simmer for about 5-6 minutes. Stir in the 4 cups water, 5 tablespoons of Best of the Bone. Immediately reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for a few minutes, then transfer to the blender and carefully blend at high speed until smooth. Do this in stages, with the blender's lid firmly held down - hold the lid down so that you won't have hot mushroom purée erupting all over your kitchen?
- When blended, return the mix to the pot, season with sea salt and pepper, and bring up to a simmer again. Add the sherry or white wine, dollop of cream/yoghurt, mix well, and serve immediately. Even better the next day.
Share this post