A Pho is a complex, delicious Vietnamese broth-based soup that can take hours to prepare. Introducing the spices, meat and noodles as you cook the beef bones (or pork or chicken) into a rich, hearty meal can be a gratifying process if you have the time. Best of the Bone can do the long hours for you allowing you to create a delicious meal in minutes and you're adding even more of a nutrient-dense, immune-boosting and gut-healthy base.
The ingredients are adaptable and you can use your imagination.
Suggested ingredients (serve 2):
- Rice or vermicelli noodles (for two)
- shredded cooked beef or chicken (or tofu is okay as well)
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped into 4-5 pieces
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of Best of the Bone or Best of the Bone with organic turmeric/organic ginger & black pepper (for 3-4 serves)
- 4 cups hot water
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2-32 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 red chili pepper finely chopped (optional)
- Lime wedges
Cilantro and/or mint
In a pot pour your water, add your Best of the Bone broth concentrate, sliced ginger, and smashed garlic cloves and bring it to a simmer over medium heat, ~8-10 minutes. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, hoisin sauce, (red pepper again is optional) and then the vermicelli noodles. While the vermicelli cooks, taste the broth and adjust to your liking. When the noodles are al dente, add your shredded/chopped chicken or beef, letting it heat through, then take the soup off the stove and top with a squeeze of lime, some cilantro and mint. You can drizzle some 'pepper' sauce as an option.
Guest blogger: Vicky Myers
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Best of the Bone, Best of the Bone organic turmeric & ginger, bone broth concentrate, Broth-based soups, collagen-rich meal, Gut-Healthy Soups, Immune-boosting Soups, Nutrient-dense soup, Paleo Pho, Pho Best of the Bone, Pho meal, Pho soup, Weight-loss soups