At Best of the Bone we often add some green Thai curry paste, a tablespoon of Best of the Bone, a bowl of hot water, garlic, chopped onion and veggies for a quick and delicious soup for one. But a user (thanks Katie) was kind enough to brag about using Best of the Bone for a Paleo Thai Green Chicken Curry that indeed sounds delicious. And by adding "Best of the Bone" we've added our gut-health improving gelatin with 40% collagen protein - improving skin and joint health as well!
- 2 long shallots
- 1 long green chilli
- 1 long red chilli
- 15 grams fresh ginger grated
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, stem removed
- 5 large cloves of garlic
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp. organic curry powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Optional - 500g free-range organic chicken breast, diced - OR a vegetarian option is to use 300g of eggplant along with the veggies listed below.
- 500mL coconut milk
- 100-150ml water
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. Best of the Bone
- 1 tsp. raw coconut sugar
- 2-3 cups veggies of choice (I use finely sliced red capsicum, snow peas and broccoli)
- 1 fresh juicy lime or kaffir lime, squeezed
- Fresh coriander as garnish
- For curry paste, blend all ingredients in the food processor until it makes a paste.
- For the curry, heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Once it’s hot, add curry paste and chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add coconut milk, Best of the Bone, fish sauce, coconut sugar, and veggies, and simmer until the veggies are cooked.
- Step 4 - squeeze the lime into the curry and stir. For intensified flavour simmer on low for an extra 10 minutes or simply let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Serve over coconut rice (or eat as a delicious soup) and garnish with lots of fresh coriander.
Share this post